April 10, 2009

With my sunblock and sunglasses I'm off to the playa...

Semana Santa has been a very slow and quite week around El Seibo. On the tech side of things our sessions have been productive. My lab is almost set up with software and anti-virus programs. Next week I'll have the chance to teach a basic program class to some of the high school students. Yes, in Spanish! Its the second Spanish presentation I'll be graded on.
There are only three more weeks of community based training and then I'll be told where my site is for the remaining two years. Its very exciting!!! Most of us are ready to know where we'll be and what organizations we'll be working with. I am crossing my fingers for a small town not too far from the beach! It's a long shot but I might as well dream big.
As for my health - I am almost back to normal. I have a slight cough now but that's about it! Now we know, don't eat the random organs of any animal (cow, chicken, ect), you just never know what type of parasites they might have!!!
Since it's a holiday weekend here in the DR, my family is taking me to the beach. Everyone in the DR goes to some type of body of water to celebrate Easter/ Semana Santa. The only thing is that with water activity comes drinking, and with drinking comes driving. Don't worry my host mom is responsible and probably won't drink and drive tomorrow. (just kidding mom! don't worry). Another trip to Miches is on the agenda tomorrow!

1 comment:

Raoul said...

Have a great trip !