March 4, 2009

In Route

Thankfully my dad checked my flight status last night, due to my brother’s incidents not only with Delta airlines but with the chilly weather too, he found out it was canceled!!! Yup! just like that. I never did find out why a 7AM flight would be canceled except that maybe there were not enough people on the flight. So after calling a few delta airline phone numbers I found out I was bumped to the 9:40AM flight! My parents and Kyle were happy to hear that we would have an extra two hours in the morning to spend those last few moments together. The farewell at the airport was nice. My stomach was turning up side down the whole time from the moment I got in the car to drive down the Glen Cannon Mountain to, well – it still hasn’t stopped fluttering (I’m sitting in the Atlanta Airport now, waiting for my flight to board). My emotions are calm on the outside but a tornado inside. There were a few tears and more on the plane once my loved ones were out of sight. It’s a strange feeling to be both excited and sad at the same time, I feel honored to be given this opportunity to help others but I can’t yet fathom what it will be like to be away from the friends, boyfriends and family! I have done it before, yes.

So enough of this pity party stuff! I am off to an amazing adventure with lots of new friends and family. As the motto of the moment says… “Yes We Can” and I will!

No comments: